As a church family, we embrace an ORANGE strategy, based on the Orange Conference of Family Ministry. Here’s what we mean:
First Look: Preschool & Kindergarten
Our First Look curriculum is geared to teach our little ones three basic truths:
- God made me.
- God loves me.
- Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
Every Month, we have a new Memory Verse and hand motions for it! Check out the Parent Cue-Small Talk each month to see what they are learning about. There's a great app you can put on your phone, too! Find out more about the Parent Cue app at http://theparentcue.org/app/.
252 Basics: 1st - 4th Grade
Our 252 Basics curriculum teaches these three important rules:
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
Every month, we work on a new Memory Verse. There is also a new life app (or virtue) each month. Check out the Parent Cue for this information and to check out things to talk about each week. Get it on your phone by downloading it at http://theparentcue.org/app/.
Along with using curriculum that teaches the Bible and life application, each grade level has a faith development milestone to accomplish during the school year:
- Pre-school: Learn simple Bible stories; Three Basic Truths (God made me, God loves mes, Jesus wants to be my friend forever)
- Kindergarten: Memorize John 3:16; Three Basic Truths (God made me, God loves mes, Jesus wants to be my friend forever)
- 1st to 2nd: The Lord's Prayer; Sacrament of Communion
- 3rd: Learning about the Bible/Ten Commandments
- 4th: Ten Commandments
- 5th: What is a Methodist?
Children’s Church is an opportunity for kids to praise God through song, story and prayer. Children are engaged in fun and exciting ways with lessons that follow and complement the story that was taught in Sunday School. Children begin in worship with their parents, and after the Young People’s Moment at the 11 a.m. service, children will be escorted to the Large Group Room for Children’s Church. Children will return to their parents after the sermon is over.
We provide childcare during worship services and other meetings and events as requested. Our childcare providers are trained in CPR and undergo a background check prior to hiring.
in god we trust children's choir
St. John's has a children's choir for children in kindergarten through 5th grade. The children gather immediately after Sunday school from 10:55 to 11:15 a.m. to practice. The choir performs five to six times at various church services throughout the year.