To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
St. John's is a beacon of faith and service, focusing our passions and gifts to reflect Christ's love to the world.
OUR Core values
- Knowing God
- Growing spiritually in our faith through growing worship
- Learning based on the Bible
- Loving God
- Loving God and one another
- Centering our relationship with Christ
- Serving God
- Reaching out to others in genuine relationships and service
- Being faithful stewards of all our resources
- Lean on the Holy Spirit: The missional community confesses its dependence upon the Holy Spirit, shown in particular in its practice of corporate prayer.
- Biblical Learning and Discipleship: The missional church is a community in which all members are learning what it means to be disciples of Jesus. The Bible has a continuing, converting, formative role in the church's life.
- Missional Leadership and Development: The Holy Spirit gives the missional church a community of leaders who cultivate within themselves and the congregation a deisre to pracitce their faith and service inside and outside the church.
Our Membership covenant
Members of St. John's United Methodist Church make a membership covenant to faithfully participate in the church's ministries by their prayers, their presence, their gifts, their service, and their witness.